Kaleidoscoptic

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Twins!


We are expecting our first grandchildren and I started knitting last week. Twins-a boy and a girl! First up were two little Baby Surprise Jackets. I‘m making them in DK weight because I thought maybe my daughter-in –law would like them to take the babies home from the hospital but they seem a little large. One is complete except for the finishing and the other is about half finished. I’m using Misti Alpaca Pima Silk Hand Paint. I bought it at the Modern Yarn closing sale. I will really miss that place. I loved going to the movies in Montclair, NJ, having brunch at Raymond’s and stopping at that store. Now they are closing, maybe to relocate sometime in the future I hope.
I liked the cotton and silk yarn so much I bought some for me too and made a Baktus scarf. All this garter stitch is very soothing, but I miss other stitches. I’ll have to make something in stockinette soon. Probably more baby things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home