Kaleidoscoptic

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New Year, New Projects


It is a good thing I didn’t make a New Year’s resolution to blog more, because I would have broken it already. It is not that I haven’t been knitting. I just haven’t been doing any exciting knitting. I re-started Veronik Avery’s Zipped Vest for my husband and finally finished the knitting part. Now I just have to sew in a zipper. I finished a few new hats and another Noro Striped Scarf in Silk Garden. My son took the first one I made. I’m working on a few baby gifts. However, I am getting ready to start a new sweater for me. I went to the last Smiley’s sale in Queens and bought a lot of my usual wool yarn, Filatura Lanarota Chaco, in a beautiful dark red and I‘ve been looking over patterns for a month. Nothing has jumped out at me but I am not giving up. Also, I have joined Vest-uary on Ravelry so I’ll probably start a vest next week. I wanted to use up some orange stash yarn but it is a very bright orange and I don’t know if I will ever wear that color. Also it has the gauge of a heavy worsted weight yarn but looks and feels like a bulky yarn so I have been having trouble finding a pattern that will compliment it. Instead, I may use some old Classic Elite Skye Tweed and make a plainer vest, even though it is a very stiff yarn to work with. So I do have plans. Maybe I‘ll have some new knitwear to show everyone soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home