Kaleidoscoptic

Friday, December 19, 2008

A Snow Day


We are in the midst of our first real snow of the season. I only worked half a day and then they closed the University. It was a little tricky driving home but most drivers were being careful and now I have all afternoon free. Extra knitting time!
I finished the two row Noro striped scarf. I had to break the Silk Garden a few times when the colors didn't show enough contrast. I thought I was so careful to choose two colorways that didn't repeat each other but they both had some green hidden inside the skein. I love the scarf but it seems a little loosely knit to me. I used a size 7 needle but next time I would try a size six. Oh yes, there may be a next time. I love the color gradations.
My handspun has been looking a little better so I started the one row handspun scarf that the Yarn Harlot made. It is such a soothing pattern. No thinking, just row after row of the same four stitch repeat. I am going to work on it this afternoon so it should be finished by tonight. I bought some beautiful multi-color merino at The Yarn Tree in Brooklyn last weekend. I was getting tired of solid color roving. It is spinning a little thin but maybe I'll start another scarf soon. Scarves and hats are my favorite things to knit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home